[argyllcms] Re: Best way to proceed?

On 2008 May 31, at 5:19 PM, Roger Breton wrote:

Is there any hope of doing this colorimetrically?

To make matters worse, some of the woods are very slightly iridescent,
and change luminance (mostly) and hue (slightly) rather noticeably
with shifting lighting angles....

If you do an input profile based on the RGB values of the mini ColorChecker
you sure can do this colorimetrically.

I don't think that'll help me. When I've adjusted curves, etc., in Photoshop to get the ColorChecker close to spot-on, the wood hasn't gotten any closer -- it's just shifted to other equally-worng colors.

I've also tried using the i1 Scan Target to create a profile, again with no luck -- see an earlier thread. (I've played around with it more since then. Even with an evenly-lit square-on shot that produced a profile with reasonable numbers, it still didn't do anything for the wood.)

Cheers,

b&