[argyllcms] Re: Awful result with Argyll 1.3.5 + dispcalGUI 0.8 + i1Display Pro & Dell U2711 :-(((

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 19:35:37 +1100

Paolo Avezzano wrote:
> Thanks Graeme,
> actually I've pasted and discussed the settings I used and the results I got
> several times.

Hi,
        sorry, but I've not seen anything in enough detail to be useful for
investigation. Yes, you've made a lot of qualitative comments, but without the
sort of concrete information I requested, it's impossible to track down where
the
problem may be, since I'm not looking over your shoulder, or able to
run my own tests on your system.

> I'm using dispcalGUI because it's easier to launch the process in a few
> clicks.
> As written before, the readings are different right before the start of
> calibration:
> white level, white point, black level, RGB slider values… all very different.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Exactly what readings ? Where are the
numbers ?

What do you mean by "RGB slider" values ? On what exactly ?

> Moreover, right after the profile creation every verify returns bad average
> dE.

Which verify ? What exactly did you run ? Where are the files and output ?

> In the end I already tried tens of combinations, I'm not a complete newbie. 😄
> It could be a software problem too, for what it seems.

I can't help you if you keep it all to yourself.