[argyllcms] Re: Awful result with Argyll 1.3.5 + dispcalGUI 0.8 + i1Display Pro & Dell U2711 :-(((

  • From: Paolo Avezzano <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 14:13:38 +0100

Before trying one more time to find the """perfect""" way to profile my
display, just a quick note.
Both dispcalGUI and i1Profiler let the user adjust RGB controls in order to get
good white point and the right brightness level for the calibration process.

Well, they're actually -very- different. Set the controls for D65 under
i1Profile and, with the very same settings, dispcalGUI will report completely
different white point/level.
These measures should not be software dependent: the same white patch can't be
so different when measured with a short distance of time (display on for more
than an hour), can it?

Regards,
Paolo Avezzano