[argyllcms] Re: Awful result with Argyll 1.3.5 + dispcalGUI 0.8 + i1Display Pro & Dell U2711 :-(((

  • From: "Fabrizio Giudici" <Fabrizio.Giudici@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 16:54:54 +0100

On Fri, 13 Jan 2012 14:13:38 +0100, Paolo Avezzano <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Before trying one more time to find the """perfect""" way to profile my display, just a quick note. Both dispcalGUI and i1Profiler let the user adjust RGB controls in order to get good white point and the right brightness level for the calibration process.

Well, they're actually -very- different. Set the controls for D65 under i1Profile and, with the very same settings, dispcalGUI will report completely different white point/level. These measures should not be software dependent: the same white patch can't be so different when measured with a short distance of time (display on for more than an hour), can it?

Agreed. In fact it was one of the initial problems I had. It happened when I did _not_ adjust the RGB values. Since when I set them, I get consistent readings both with i1Profile and Argyll.

--
Fabrizio Giudici - Java Architect, Project Manager
Tidalwave s.a.s. - "We make Java work. Everywhere."