[argyllcms] Re: ArgyllCMS V1.1.0 RC2 is now available

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 11:11:32 +1100

Lars Tore Gustavsen wrote:

Personally I like to apply a small eyecandy patch for linux. :-)

ltg@ltg-desktop:~/src/Argyll_V1.1.0_RC2/plot$ diff plot.c plot.c-orginale
29c29
< #define LTHICK 1.8                 /* Plot line thickness */
---
#define LTHICK 1.2                      /* Plot line thickness */

I guess since I wrote plot primarily as a diagnostic, I value the
precision of the thinner lines (e.g. particularly for things line
targen/ofps). Of course this preference may well depend on the resolution
of your display.

1990c1990
<    XSetLineAttributes(mydisplay, mygc, 1, LineOnOffDash, CapButt, JoinBevel);
---
        XSetLineAttributes(mydisplay, mygc, 0, LineOnOffDash, CapButt,
JoinBevel);

I'm happy to add this mod to my source though.

It still not as smooth and nice as the mac osx version (1)  , but I
think it's somewhat better.

Yes, the OS X stuff looks pretty nice with it's anti-aliased rendering. The
plot library is intended to be pretty minimal and close to the metal though,
whereas a full blown GUI could use something more sophisticated using an
anti-aliased rendering library on MSWindows and X11.