[argyllcms] Re: ArgyllCMS V1.1.0 RC2 is now available

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 10:59:22 +1100

Pascal de Bruijn wrote:
On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 8:33 AM, Pascal de Bruijn <pmjdebruijn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It's just the XBASE_SHAPE times 10...

My guess then would be that this effectively makes the per
channel curves very close to straight lines, meaning that
they don't do very much.

I also don't agree that there is a proven case yet for this being a command
line option - it's not a use preference that can't be expressed any other
way. Ideally the profiles should be optimal within the limits of
what the ICC machinery makes available. If the per-channel curves
are not automatically optimal (ie. that they are being set in some
way that obviously degrades the quality of the profile), then I'm
interested in any such examples so that I can fix it.