[argyllcms] Re: ArgyllCMS V1.1.0 RC2 is now available

  • From: Richard Hughes <hughsient@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 10:29:53 +0000

2009/12/11 Roland Mas <lolando@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> That's about exactly what I already do with my "midstream" branch.  It
> currently mostly includes the autotools conversion, the removal of a
> non-free RFC, and the removal of the custom libusb stuff (as well as
> patches taken from Graeme when a bugfix is published on this list
> between releases).  I haven't touched the udev or policykit stuff yet,
> but I think it would be a good place for them too.

Yup, I think I would be more militant than you if the decision were
mine; for instance, does anything other than argyll tools use jncf?
Because if that is removed, you can remove yajl which is thousands of
lines of code less to ship.

Is there anyway you could push your tree onto github (even if with no
version history) so I could fork what you've done and we can share
code? My bzr is bad, and I find it too difficult to use. Using github
would allow other distros (Mandriva?) to join the effort and just fork
what we've done and contribute back patches.

Richard.