[argyllcms] Re: ArgyllCMS V1.1.0 RC2 is now available

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2009 13:59:01 +1100

Alastair M. Robinson wrote:

Thanks for adding this - I've not played in great depth, but it seems to be doing the trick.

Good to hear that it is doing the right thing.

What I did, notice, though, was that the testchart contains fewer patches than I asked for - I generated a CMYK testchart with -f0 -m0 -s100, but got a .ti1 with only 192 patches. I presume patches are being culled for being too light, as a result of the extreme power-adjustment?

By default the code ignores any patches that match existing patch
colors. Currently it's set to a tolerance of 0.001, so yes, with
extreme power values there will be values that are regarded as duplicates
and will be ignored. It's easy enough to change that tolerance
if you think there is any advantage in it.

Oh, quick question, too - is it possible (and if not, consider this a feature request! ;) to prevent printtarg from "filling up" a partially-filled column with colorant combination patches? (I might have asked that before - memory fails right now.)

If I understand what you are talking about, you mean the padding
out of a final column with media color or spacer color patches so
that they are all the same length ?

Padding out the last column is needed for some devices.

What sort of problems does doing this cause ?

cheers,