[arachne] Re: CPU sleep test result

  • From: "Sam Ewalt" <ewalt@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 11:03:01 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, October 11, 2009 7:30 pm, Greg Mayman wrote:

> Egad! My DOS computer can boot up in less than 20 seconds and is ready
> to run Arachne. The slowest thing about wanting to get email is logging
> on to the net which takes 30-45 seconds.

I've got no boot up and no logon. I am on, pretty much all the time.
However, I do not download any email to this computer, prefering for
security reasons to use a web interface provided by my ISP to read
and send email. I still use Arachne on the old DOS computer to manage
a mailing list  for a club I belong to. I turn that DOS computer
off when I'm not using it.

 And waiting for anyone with the right hooks to invade it - although I
> must agree that FF is a lot less susceptible that IE.

I haven't had *any* problems with Firefox. I do clean things up several
times a month. Lots of crap out there.

Sam Ewalt