[HG-PBEM] Re: In the Sand Stone

  • From: "Dennis D. Kirkpatrick" <dkirkpat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 13:00:04 -0700 (MST)

> Sensing the man was a little off his game -- for whatever reason --
> Juliette leaned back in her chair and surveyed the rest of the
> bar. "There are no guarantees on all the sponsorships and race winnings.
> Since I don't know if the team you're assembling is any good, I can't
> count on that income. So lets say 5000 a season for a base salary." The
> woman extended her hand. "I'll agree verbally to that, and I'll go over
> the finer print of the contract tonight."

Chico picked up his datapad and leaned back in his chair. He began
fidgeting over the pad's onscreen menus. "600 more, eh?" he asked, to
himself as much as Juliette. "That's a lot of Peacers." He looked up from
his datapad and looked at Juliette keenly, twitching his mouth. "However,
I'm sure I could negotiate some concessions on that." He punched in a few
more figures. "What about 4400 up front for this season. We see how you do
in the race three weeks from now, and then I could negotiate an increase
to 5000 a season."