[HG-PBEM] Re: In the Hangar [OOC]

  • From: "Dennis D. Kirkpatrick" <dkirkpat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 08:55:53 -0700 (MST)

> [Sorry about the delay, Dennis, but I mentioned the archery festival
> beforehand.  Also keep in mind that Japan is something like 16 or 17
> hours  different from US Pacific Standard Time and that has some effect
> on when I'm  on the net.]

[GM: Yeah, I remember our conversation about the festival. That's OK. It
didn't disrupt the pace of the game, IMO. Also, I realize the time zone
thing; it isn't a problem. Post when you can, live your life the rest of
the time. It's a game. I'll compensate where I need to to keep the plot
moving along.]

> [Dennis, I appreciate the effort to keep the rules portion of the game
> as  transparent as possible.  I don't care about target numbers or dice
> rolls so  much, but I do ask that when rolls are made affecting my
> character that you  tell me the Margin of Success or Failure, so I can
> adjust my writing  accordingly;  there's a big difference in describing
> a racing maneuver that  succeeds with a MoS of 5 and an MoS 1.]

[GM: I'll do that. Thanks for letting me know. The racing scenes will
require a bit less transparency, but I believe that we can do it in a
noncumbersome fashion. I am drafting up a set of procedures for us to hash
through before hand, so that we're all on the same page when the racing

Dennis D. Kirkpatrick
Littleton, CO USA