[HG-PBEM] In the Sand Stone

  • From: "Dennis D. Kirkpatrick" <dkirkpat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 00:00:53 -0700

[GM: John, this is you.]

In the Sand Stone Bar
--------

The smell of smoke pervaded the ambience of the bar. Juliette shifted in her
seat as the man across from her scanned her resume on his Hermes pad. His
name was Diego Augusta, also known as Chico. She'd hooked up with him
through some underground connections that she used when she had entered
the Core a week ago. Now, she sat across from the handsome man, soliciting for
employment.

A waitress interupted and served them their drinks. Chico took his stein of
lager to mouth and swallowed heavily. "Hmm," he grunted, putting down his
drink, "I see you haven't had much dueling experience. However, you have an
impressive military background, " he raised his eyes to look up at Juliette as
he
spoke, "including what looks like an interesting end to a promising career in
the
MILCIA?" He smiled and winked at the woman. "Sorry, I tend to read between
the lines; its a force of habit in my line of work."