[HG-PBEM] Re: In the Sand Stone

  • From: "Dennis D. Kirkpatrick" <dkirkpat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 22:03:50 -0700
On 10 Feb 2003, at 11:17, John Guilfoyle wrote:

> "We haven't talked salary yet," Lemanz noted. "And you know that I need in
> writing that any damages to my gear are covered by the Redliners. Same for
> ammunition costs, and for personal insurance. And I don't have scoring
> equipment. I presume you've provide that?"

"With your qualifications, salary would be 4400 Peace Dollars a
season," Chico rattled off. "That's pretty competative for a young
talent like yourself. Expenses, including room and food allowance are
provided through a team expense account. As for your Sidewinder, all
repairs and any necessary upgrades will be handled by the Redliners.
All this is in writing, I have a contract here on my pad, ready to sign, if
you're satisfied." Chico glanced back at Julliette's files. "Ah, well, this
is a plus. The insurance on you gear will be pretty cheap. The Colonel
will like that."

> "I'd also like to hear a little bit about the team, and what my role on it
> would be. Felix isn't the fastest of gears. We can hold our own, but
> outright blazing speed isn't his biggest asset."

"Actually, the team needs another blocker. I think that's where, Felix,
is it?" Chico stumbled. "That's where you and Felix will shine on the
track. Of course, many times it's not the fastest gears that make it
across the finish line intact." He smiled as he pulled another swallow
from his stein.

"As for the team itself," Chico continued, we have our own mechanics
and pit crews. A general management staff that includes myself. There
are currently three gear pilots onvoard. We've got some seasoned
professionals, including one ancient racer, who is trying to make a
comeback. You should have seen him in the time trials the other day;
he was fast! That said, you'd make a fourth." He paused, placing his
Hermes datapad on the table, pushing it toward Julliette. "Feel free to
confirm what I've told you. It's all there. Still interested?"

[...]

> [Dennis, I realize that her gear as-built -does- have scoring sensors and
> whatnot, but I was assuming the techies would put it on there before she
> needed it.]

[GM: Yes, that's a good way to roleplay it.]