[HG-PBEM] Re: In the Sand Stone

  • From: "John Guilfoyle" <john.guilfoyle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 13:25:19 -0700

> > Sensing the man was a little off his game -- for whatever reason --
> > Juliette leaned back in her chair and surveyed the rest of the
> > bar. "There are no guarantees on all the sponsorships and=20
> race winnings.
> > Since I don't know if the team you're assembling is any=20
> good, I can't
> > count on that income. So lets say 5000 a season for a base=20
> salary." The
> > woman extended her hand. "I'll agree verbally to that, and=20
> I'll go over
> > the finer print of the contract tonight."
>=20
> Chico picked up his datapad and leaned back in his chair. He began
> fidgeting over the pad's onscreen menus. "600 more, eh?" he asked, to
> himself as much as Juliette. "That's a lot of Peacers." He=20
> looked up from
> his datapad and looked at Juliette keenly, twitching his=20
> mouth. "However,
> I'm sure I could negotiate some concessions on that." He=20
> punched in a few
> more figures. "What about 4400 up front for this season. We=20
> see how you do
> in the race three weeks from now, and then I could negotiate=20
> an increase to 5000 a season."

Juliette nodded as the few Peace Dollars in her pocket shouted for her =
quit negotiating and accept the offer on the table. She knew she was =
worth
more, especially bringing in her own gear, but this was by far the best
opportunity on the horizon. She wasn't about to screw it up by pressing =
for
more money when they hadn't even seen her work.

"That's acceptable," she agreed. Tilting her head, she asked, "So when =
can I
meet this 'Colonel,' and the rest of the team?"