[amayausers.com] Re: where do you store your designs

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 15:51:20 UT

This message was posted by Rod or Sharon on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/3/485/2.html#000027

Big Dog,

It makes me a bit nervous when I see statements like, "Main hard drive has a
folder called "Designs" included in this folder are subfolders "Customer files"
"My files" "Designs by catagory" "Designs by company", the external drive has
an exact copy of the same data.". In your case you are backing this up on an
external harddrive, which is good.

But, when the Melco software is installed, it installs a folder on the
harddrive called "Designs". If items are added to this folder, regardless
whether or not they are in sub folders, they can be lost if the software has to
be reloaded or it gets corrupted, a clean un-install is preformed or an Upgrade
is purchased.

It would be better to create a folder, separate and apart, from Melco's Design
folder, on the hard drive like "My Designs", etc......

Rod Springer
Amay Tech & Trainer