[amayausers.com] Re: where do you store your designs

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 17:11:08 UT

This message was posted by Greenwing on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/3/485/2.html#000028

Rod
I understand what your saying DO NOT USE THE MELCO DIRECTORY "DESIGNS" FOLDER.
How ever using a folder named "Designs" anywhere else such as on the C drive.
Is fine and will not present any problems. Just back it up.

And with that said,
People that have upgraded to V 9

Melco in the disalution of Melco mart "without notice" did something good they
gave us all the premium alphabets they had a legle right too. There Are no
aplhabets for sale any longer from melco.

The reason I bring this up is that I for one (and you may want to follow suit)
have backed up the folder C:program files/melco/
& C:program files/melco embroidery systems/
IN these folders contain all the files you have from melco. Including the
Alphabet files and design derectory.
The reason to do this is that IF in future release melco chooses to remove some
alphabets or change them you have a copy that you can restore.

One of the alphabets they removed was one I had purchased. the Disc had bee
damaged and I could not get it back that way. but I went to my back up and
moved it in to the new directory and all is good.

I am sorry I no longer trust melco to do things in the consumers best intrest.

NOT After the no notice Melco Mart closuer last year.