[amayausers.com] Re: where do you store your designs

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 01:22:34 UT

This message was posted by ByteStitch on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/3/485/2.html#000025

You all speak of the importance of backing up. I am a computer tech geek as
well and I agree completely.
I am in the process of building a windows home server right now Hardware was
320.00 from dell and the Operating system 96.
Flash drives are good, but can fail optical (DVD) are good as archive.
One other factor to consider is theft.
We had a robbery last summer they took my laptop and all visible external
drives and usb drives. So my suggestion is to have your backup separate from
your machine. my server will be in the basement and its backup will be kept in
a fireproof/waterproof safe.

Thanks for all your input on the design storage. I would like to be able to
easily have a catalog/ database of designs to show clients quickly. guess the
designs studio is not the one to use. Has anyone used the one from wilcom
design flow?
thanks
Joan