[amayausers.com] Re: where do you store your designs

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 15:04:49 UT

This message was posted by Big Dog on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/3/485/2.html#000026

Drives can fail, I've had it happen and I refuse to go through a mess again.
Fortunately I had everything backed up on CDs, 84 of them to be exact.
I replaced the hard drive with a new internal drive, bought an external drive
and still have the CDs and DVDs with backup files.
Main hard drive has a folder called "Designs" included in this folder are
subfolders "Customer files" "My files" "Designs by catagory" "Designs by
company", the external drive has an exact copy of the same data.
When I went through the first hard drive failure it took almost two weeks to
restore all those files, not something I really want to every have to do again.