[amayausers.com] Re: where do you store your designs

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 18:49:55 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/3/485/2.html#000019

according to my computer 'people' that sold me the PC's for equipment
(remember, I'm a Mac man) having a second 'internal' hard drive is the same as
an 'external'hard drive but easier to use as backup. And it cannot be affected
by your computer itself crashing or dying-just pull the hard drive out and
transfer to your next machine!
I do however have a 'DIskGO Edge' megagig (don't know how many) external for my
MiniMac since you can't add a second hard drive to the minis. Never had trouble
with it. I see external and internal hard drives with 250+ gig for under
$100...so it's a cheap way to add tons of extra storage space whether you want
it 'hidden' as an internal or exposed as an external. (remember, external
drives mean more plugs and cords, have to have power cords, etc. an internal
runs completely off your computer so it is protected by your battery
backup/power surge system)
Roland