[amayausers.com] Re: where do you store your designs

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 00:24:27 UT

This message was posted by Juli in Kona on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/3/485/2.html#000020

Last night when I looking at the database I found a customer of mine in there.
I am absolutely positive that I have not added him since I upgraded to V9.  So
there is still a question of whether or not all additional info and files are
lost.  And, I can tell you right now that I am NOT going to uninstall and
re-install the program because That whole process makes me very nervous!  I
have lost important information like thread lists before.   However, I think
they have gotten better at not wiping out our private stuff on the later
versions.

And while I was thinking about all that last night, I remembered that I wanted
to add a new "folder" to "Automatic Custom Shapes".  I often get customers who
suddenly decide they want something Hawaiian along with a name and the Custom
Designs is an excellent place for those designs to be because they can see a
bunch of them at the same time and choose.  So, in Windows Explorer, I found
where a new folder should be: Program Files/DS V9/Symbols/Embroidery/here is
where I added a folded named Hawn.  I Think I had to shut down DS and restart
to see that folder, but it was there.  I then proceeded to bring up, one at a
time, all appropriate designs, palm trees, Hawn flowers, fish, etc, and made
sure they were as small designs and under 5000 stitches and added them to that
folder just by clicking "Add Current".  I haven't finished yet, but I do have a
whole bunch of nice designs that people can easily and quickly choose from.
And I know they are all $4-5.  And while I was doing t
 hat I found that some design had 10 thread changes!!  They did NOT get in my
Hawn list.  I'll just have to hunt for more appropriate designs.

Juli in Kona