[amayausers.com] Re: Thread Breaks On All Needles

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 21:37:21 UT

This message was posted by The Embroidery Authority on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE
DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by
clicking here:
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/611.html#000011

Hey Ben,
Oil the rotary hook every time you turn the machine on.  If you are sewing
consistently, oil it twice a day with one drop per oiling.  Are you sure you're
oiling in the correct location????
Personal comment: I believe that a 65/9 needle is too small for a cap.  You
should consider a 75/11 or an 80/12 for structured caps.
Needles should be changed out after approximately 8 hours of operation on THAT
NEEDLE.  (Not 8 hours on the machine)
Melco's maintenance timer for the thread feed and pinch rollers is 4 million.
This suggests you check all 16 after 4 million stitches assuming you're using
all of your needles.  If you divide 4 million stitches by 16 needles, then you
get 250,000 stitches per needle that you should consider cleaning or
lubricating those rollers being used.
In summary, if you are sewing a large job that only uses two needles/colors,
then I would suggest you check your rollers for cleanliness and lubrication
after 500,000 stitches and not wait for the 4 million stitch timer to remind
you.  Remember to use the "Polymer Grease" on the rollers and not the
multipurpose grease.
The new version of AOS (Ver. 9) has a better way of keeping track of the number
of stitches sewn per needle/thread feed roller set.  Something to look forward
to anyway.
Ed