[amayausers.com] Re: Thread Breaks On All Needles

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 06:02:47 UT

This message was posted by Rod or Sharon on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/611.html#000006

Gee Ben,

You didn't let us in on all the secrets between you and Melco. What has been
discussed and what hasn't?

How about:
thread
needles(type, brand, size, burrs)
needle orientation
presser foot height
speed
who digitized the design or is it stock design?
dense design
type of material being sewen on
nick or burr on retaining support finger
machine lubrication
bobbin tension
humidity(dry thread)Vegas is pretty dry

The list goes on....

If all of the above and more have really been eliminated , it does leave the
immediate area of the rotary hook and needle plate suspect. If those are
found to be ok, then my gut tells me to remove the retaining support finger
, feel the face of the finger and look closely at the face of the finger
with a magnifying glass...if it is burred it must either be replaced or
polished out. It must also be replaced using the gapping tool supplied with
your starter kit or the machine will not sew properly.

Rod Springer
Amaya Tedh & Trainer