[amayausers.com] Re: Thread Breaks On All Needles

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 18:00:05 UT

This message was posted by Juli in Kona on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/611.html#000009

If you live in a SUPER DRY area, then you absolutely have to oil the hook every
day.  And if you use your machine all day, then oil again at 4 hours.  This is
a MUST!  You are going to freeze the hook and that may be your problem right
now.  Do not wait for the terribly inadequate timer to tell you to oil the
hook.

AND you should probably be doing your scheduled maintenance early too.  The oil
we use actually evaporates!  IMO and I am not a tech, but I listen to them, you
should be doing a lot more maintenance.

If you have thread shredding on all needles with any design, then the problem
is 99% sure in the hook area.  A burr is a rough edge, usually created when the
needle strikes the hook.  If the thread rubs against that, then it will shred -
for sure.

Juli in Kona