[amayausers] Re: Hooping

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 17:13:43 -0400

Ron's got it with the 'tighten to fit for the first one' and then go from
there...and I also have the built in shirt holder here...LOL
I do my hooping on one of the 'arms' of my 4 color screen printer...just the
right height, and I can put the shirts or sweats right on it just like I"m
going to screen them-lay a straight edge across if I need to make a chalk
line for straight line up...then slide the hoop and backing underneath (now
you know why I hit the bottom hoop with a little spray to hold the backing.
Put the top hoop on, line up the chalk marks and move the bottom one if
necessary, and pop the hoop on. I always 'doublecheck' the tension screw
just in case..some shirts are not consistent in thickness, or you may have
loosened the screw on removal...
I have huge hands....so I can pull the material away from the hoop in 3
directions at once (with the gray hoops-not the wood ones) and keep it
tight. If I get a pucker, I hold the top hoop down with the flat of my
hand-and gently pull the material under the hoop away from the pucker. Pull
too hard-pop the hoop....and then I double check tension again. Usually a
pucker means the hoop is just a tad loose.
it's tote bags and thick jackets, or nylon/poly jackets-I just can't get
them to stay put without using side clamps...
Roland