[amayausers] Re: Hooping

  • From: "Edna Khalifeh" <ednakhalifeh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 14:23:38 -0500

Hi Everyone,

Don't quote me on this, and maybe I don't understand how you're doing it, but a
long time
ago (don't even remember who it was) I was told to loosen the hoop just enough
to get the
fabric/stabilizer in with a little pressure.  Then tighten it slightly.  I hate
trying to
get the stabilizer in with the fabric, it never works for me so I just put the
fabric
(iron on Firm hold on back if it's a stretchy fabric) and slide the stabilizer
underneath.
I rarely have a problem with loose fabric this way.  Only time I loosen the
hoop is when
I'm hooping a thicker fabric, otherwise it always stays the same and one twist
tighten/loosen.  Occasionally I pull the fabric very slightly from both top and
bottom at
once and then sides at once.  At least if I'm stretching it some, it's even,
LOL!  But I
try to do it only on wovens.  I'm sure others have better advice on this.  Edna

  _____

I've stopped 366 spam and fraud messages. You can too!
One month FREE spam and fraud protection at www.cloudmark.com
<http://www.cloudmark.com/spamnet?v1&rc=pmwd4>
 <http://www.cloudmark.com/spamnet?v1&rc=pmwd4> Cloudmark SafetyBar - Join the
fight