[amayausers] Re: Hooping

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 15:41:56 -0400

We take the hoops and cut 1/2" strips off the adhesive backing, then press
it down inside and outside the respective hoops...so the fabric gets
'caught' between the two layers of backing...made a LOT of difference,
except on the super thick heavy 'farm' coats....what a pain...
I use the adhesive spray (I have it by the case load-its called Pallet
Adhesive for screenprinting textiles and you get 4 times as much for half
the $....) and do a quick 'mist' of the hoops when I have trouble with the
backing staying in place while moving the shirt around...just a quick mist
is good for several hoopings. Just mist the bottom hoop and then stick the
backing right to it. Found we have no more gunk building up on the needles
from putting adhesive on the backing to hold it to the shirts...
Roland