[amayausers] Re: Design Shop Question

  • From: "Steve Cohen" <steve208321@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 09:02:37 -0400

Dorothy,
I have the regular version of DesignShop (The one a step down from the Pro
version.) This one does allow editing and manual digitizing which I have
found to be very easy to use. I was already familar with digitizing before I
purchased DesignShop though another software program called Q-Moritz (I
don't know if they are still in business.) Learning DesignShop wasn't hard
for me anyways. With the version of DesignShop I have, you can eliminate
colors or move fill stiching as long as the design hasn't been saved as a
EXP format. CND or OFM format is best for this. There is no automatic shadow
effect but you can copy and paste with color changes to create a shadow
effect (probably not the same as pro+) So far, DesignShop has done
everything I need it to do. There is a chart on Melco's website that tells
you what each version of DesignShop's features are. If you have an EDS
version of software now, your salesperson should be able to sell you the
upgrade at a discount.

From: DLCompton@xxxxxxx
To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2006 23:27:36 EDT
Hi all,

I'm considering purchasing a version of Design Shop. Although I don't
anticipate doing any digitizing, editing ease is important. I believe Jeff
told
me
that shadowing text was a feature only available in Pro+. Is this  correct?

Secondly, does DS allow easy elimination of stitches when you place one
design on top of another (combining)? If so, what version makes this the
easiest
(i.e. automatic?)?

I have a demo of DS Pro+ version 4. Does this version have any of these
features? I'd love to check it out. Maybe I need to get a new demo.
Dorothy  Compton
Bee Embroidered
_www.BeeEmbroidered.com_ (http://www.beeembroidered.com/)
(916)  635-7467