[amayausers] Re: Design Shop Question

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 13:35:48 UT

This message was posted by Jeff on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/3/91.html#000004

Hi Peter,

 As I have not seen answers to your question about Design Shop digitizing, I
felt I should jump in.

 Design Shop Pro+ is vector based. It is actually optimized to work with Adobe
Illustrator. What I mean by optimized is that a copy and paste directly back
and forth between the 2 programs is possible. If stitches have already been
applied to some or all of the vector shapes in Design Shop, and the design
copied and pasted to Illustrator and then changes made, and pasted back to
Design Shop, the stitches are still there. Stitch Data is treated like vector
data back and forth. If all objects in an embroidery file are selected, then
copied and pasted into Illustrator, the vector objects can be edited, added to
etc, then pasted back into Design Shop Pro+ and stitches will be applied to
these edited or added pieces. If the file is saved out of Design Shop Pro+ as
an EPS file, it can be opened in Illustrator, edited etc, then saved and
re-opened in Design Shop and it will open as all embroidery files with stitches
etc. This is a feature that only works with Illustrator and not Cor
 el Draw or other vector programs.

 Jeff Banks
 Melco Embroidery Systems