[access-uk] Re: wireless network frustrations!

  • From: "kevin and Emma" <kream@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 10:19:41 +0100

hi all, think i should clarify a point or two, smile. i've got no problem
getting the laptop online. in the list of wireless networks within range the
one i created when getting the desktop online,we'll call it kevin for sake
of this explanation. so i ask the laptop to find networks in range, and
kevin shows up, i put in the security key and off we go. the problem i'm
having is i cannot get the two machines to see each other. i've tried
running the network set up thing, but it seems to only want me to create a
network, which i already have. logically to my mind (and probably wrongly
smile) i'd have thought there'd be an option to find a list of computers on
a particular network once connected to it and then be able to allow or deny
access between them. i can't find such an option or anything similar. now
i'm probably missing something very obvious! hence my trying to find a
step-by-step guide, with no luck so far.
i'm a complete novice when it comes to networking, so i don't know settings
wise, what should be visible to another machine, and what shouldn't.
kevin - (lord l)
"Civilization exists by geological consent, subject to change without
notice"-Will Durant
contact me:
email/msn: kream@xxxxxxxxxxxx
skype: lordandladyl