[access-uk] Re: wireless network frustrations!

  • From: "Andy Logue" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 22:37:56 +0100

Hi Kevin.

I have recently set up a Home Network between my two computers successfully.
My wife's computer has a wireless card upstairs, though I have not attempted
to include this as yet.

Both of my computers are connected to a Belkin Broadband Router and as Amro
said, I simply followed the Windows Network Wizard to get started.  Members
from this list later assisted me in tweaking the system up a little.

The Wizard is very straight forward and easy to follow.  I just shared My
Documents on both computers.  I use one computer as a back-up for all my
movies and albums.

If you get into difficulties while using the Wizard, then it does not
matter.  You can simply go through it again or as many times as you need, to
get the two computers talking to each other.  Later, you can simply delete
the unwanted network connections.

I'm afraid I cannot advise you with your wireless problems, though a list
member did advise me that if I wanted to include my wife's computer, then
all I had to do was to get it to search for a connection.  I'm also unable
to advise about security as I know nothing about this side of things.

I'd give it a go anyway Kevin and just use the wizard.  Rick from the BCT
list has recorded two podcasts on both wired and wireless network
connections so if you wish to listen to any of these before going any
further, let me know and I'll SendSpace the MP3's to you.

Best wishes and good luck mat.

Andy