[access-uk] Re: wireless network frustrations!

  • From: "Tristram Llewellyn" <tris-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 10:40:47 +0100

Provided you have the SSID of your network and the encription key to supply for
the wireless connection it should be possible to connect the new laptop
assuming you are using a fairly standard 54g setup.  If you are using something
faster and cleverer then your inbuilt wirelsss may not be suitable.
Assuming you can get the laptop connected to the wireless then you should then
be possible to contact the other machines and their shares in the normal way
unless you have some other sotware that is preventing it like anti-virus of
firewall software.

Regards.

Tristram Llewellyn
Sight and Sound Technology