[access-uk] wireless network frustrations!

  • From: "kevin and Emma" <kream@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 20:17:16 +0100

hi all, this has most likely been covered before, so if someone can point me to
a helpfull article rather than having too repeat themselves that's fine! smile.
ok, scenario is ... we have a main desktop pc  connected to the internet via a
wireless netgear router. all fine so far! smile. we have now purchased a new
laptop, how can i get the new laptop (which has a built-in wireless adaptor) to
access the net? i take it i just ask the wireless adaptor in the laptop to
search for networks in range, put in the requested security key and off we go?
i'd rather the 2 computers had independent access to the net rather than having
to link the laptop to the net via the desktop if you know what i mean. also,
how can i get the desktop and the laptop talking to one another so i can
transfer files etc? i've had a quick look via google and keep coming across
article about how to secure a network once you've got one! i've sort of worked
that one out! i just want  the 2 pc's networked first! smile.
kevin - (lord l)
"Civilization exists by geological consent, subject to change without
notice"-Will Durant
contact me:
email/msn: kream@xxxxxxxxxxxx
skype: lordandladyl