[access-uk] Re: Olympus DS-50 Voice Recorder / MP3 player

  • From: "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 21:20:35 -0000

Hi Andy,

I am certainly interested in the Zoom recorder.  There is a review on Blind
Cool Tech, but I can't download it, I get page not found.

As to the preamp noise, I also agree with your friend that the Edirol's
preamps are noisy, but you can solve this to quite a degree with external
mics that are hotter or louder, which means you have to turn down the volume
of the Edirol, and thus lose the hiss.  However, because I don't own one, I
have never tested the noise floor on the Olympus, so I can't comment there.

Where your friend and I part company is that I don't think that 128K is good
quality by any standards.  It is OK for speech, but for anything that
requires fidelity, it is not enough in my view.

All the best
--
Computer Room Services:
the long cane for blind computer users.