[access-uk] Re: I-phone too long winded

  • From: Tristram Llewellyn <tristram.llewellyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 10:12:27 +0000

People will have to be careful buying the C5 in the near future as there will
be two sorts of unit which are very similar but have quite different
compatibility considerations regarding screen readers Like TALKS and Mobile
Speak.  The old C5-00 which Sight and Sound used to sell is a Symbian 60 series
device that takes TALKS and Mobile Speak.  The C5 5MP shortly to come out is a
Symbian Belle product, couple with that is the announcement of Nokia free
screen reader which is essentially an adapted version of Mobile Speak.  However
as far as I know there is no TALKS equivalent for the Nokia C5 5MP unit.

Regards.

Tristram Llewellyn
Technical Support
Sight and Sound Technology