[access-uk] I-phone too long winded

  • From: "Barry Hill" <barry.hill3@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 17:25:18 -0000

Hi all

I've recently discovered, through a fairly large phone bill, that I need to
go through some sequence that is akin to a Freemasans handshake to close an
app such as Safari.  In essence, I've searched the net, pressed the home
button to  close it, so I thought, and got on with my day.  However, as
I-phone users hopefully know, it did not close but carried on in the
background until I shut off the mobile at night.

I'm sorely tempted to go back to my Nokia N86, on which I just pressed one
button to close a so-called app.  Texting is so much easier and I've got
K-nfb reader too.

The I-phone makes a nice I-pod accessory and has some gimmicky app's that I
would use once in a blue moon, but to do anything is too long winded to use
as a simple mobile.

I'm on a two year contract, but I'm willing to lose money on the deal just
to go back to simple.

So, guys, I'm looking for a good argument why I should keep my I-Phone 4 and
not go back to my N86.

Cheers

Barry