[access-uk] Re: I-phone too long winded

  • From: "Peter Holdstock" <ptrholdstock@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 17:41:39 -0000

I really would like to know what websites would have been left open to run up much additional data usage if any at all. I doubt that is the problem. I would think all the tech websites would be jumping on that as a major flaw with IOS if that was the case.

Peter

-----Original Message----- From: Jackie Cairns
Sent: Monday, November 21, 2011 3:17 PM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: I-phone too long winded

Hi Barry

I'm with you.  It's why I dumped my iPhone and gave it to my son.  I have an
iPod Touch, and I love this for at home to download apps and listen to
music.  That suits me.  I use a C5 or my N86 for phone calls, texting and
all the rest.  They can keep the iPhone, it's too much hassle.

What you needed to do is go into App Switcher, where you press the home
button twice.  In there, it lists the apps which are open, and you would
have seen Safari there if you'd known.  To close it, double tap, but on the
second tap, hold your finger down until VO says "Edit" or something, then
you lift your finger and double tap each app that is open to close it.  Once
App Switcher tells you there are no apps currently open, you know you are
safe.

But what a carry on, forget it! (lol).

Sorry, I can't give you a reason for sticking with it unless your contract
provider will let you switch to something a bit more savvy.  Trouble is that
Talks and proper keypads are becoming so scarce.

Good luck.

Kind Regards,

Jackie Cairns