[access-uk] Re: Audible and listening samples again

  • From: "ANDY COLLINS" <Andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 12:17:22 +0100

Hi Kevin -

I take your point, and understand where you're coming from, and am largely in agreement with it, that's why I have aimed my complaint at Audible rather than at FS, after all, by making the changes they have, Audible have in theory disadvantaged a section of their customer base. As it's not a major change from their point of view, I'm hoping they can change this particular part of their service, back to what it use to be. Doing that I don't think will detract from the rest of the presentation and layout they have implemented.

What irritates me about FS is that they haven't come up with a fix for this before version 12, as buttons invisible to JFW have been around for a long time, and I for one have had to resort to using system access to click what JFW9 is unable to recognise.

I don't want to get involved in a Braille versus speech argument, but am hacked off because a large part of my JFW license fee goes towards Braille users, and FS have to make decisions regarding how much to put in to each upgrade, and this will get split up between Braille and speech. I've always felt these two components should be separate licenses, thus reducing the cost of each, making SMA's more affordably priced.

I know I'm not going to get what I want from FS, but hope Audible will come up trumps, but not holding my breath -

Andy
----- Original Message ----- From: "Kevin Lloyd" <kevin.lloyd3@xxxxxxx>