[access-uk] Re: Audible and listening samples again

  • From: "Dave Mack" <dcmack2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 May 2011 14:26:14 -0700

My last comment on this subject as I beat a dead horse out of frustration shared by only Andy, perhaps. I am definitely not going to pay to upgrade my screenreader for a tiny graphic on Audible.com. I have installed Adobe's latest 10.3 version of Flash and NVDA's latest BETA snapshot which may, or may not be completely stable as they always caution. Nonetheless, I am now able to access that damn little Adobe graphic with no problem and am given advance warning that the sample is clickable using my free NVDA reader. Not-for-Free Scientific can take any costly JAWSS upgrade and shove it until a lot more critical incentives are foisted upon me by glitzy web-designers. End of my rant on the soapbox. I owe NVDA another voluntary contribution for their service to folks like myself on fixed incomes.

P.S. - Sorry for venting!

Regards to all,
Grandpa Dave in California