[zxspectrum] Re: Emulazione Spectrum su Amiga

  • From: Alessandro Grussu <gazzosa@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: zxspectrum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 11:56:33 +0200

> Per Alessandro, riguardo l'emulazione Spectrum su Amiga nei primi anni 90
era
> uscito un pacchetto italiano, venduto dalla digimail, comprendente il
software
> scritto da italiani (tale icarus) e una parte hardware da connettere alla
> parallela per caricare i giochi.
> Credo sia stata una delle prime emulazioni hard/soft, se interessa dovrei
> ancora avere da parte il tutto, potrei fornire qualche foto ....fammi
sapere
> alla mia mail.

Grazie, sono interessato senz'altro; manda, manda :-)

Intanto ecco quanto ho saputo dal nostro "fratello" iberico Mauri:

***

Jejejeje, well the first Spectrum emulators, that i saw, were in Amiga at
the end of the 80s, and you are going to think that i'm joking, but the
first emulator was in 1988 or 89 and was made by italians, jejeje.

My favourites were the "Zx Emulator" of Peter McGavin -first version was in
october of 1990- (it was famous because it was included in magazine
floppies) and the spanish ZXAM, both emus let you load your tapes using a
sound digitizer in the parallel port or an special interface in the joystick
port... but in those days the .tap format didn't exist and you saved an
snapshot, that it's the answer to because there is only snapshot of City
Connection or other old games, they came from the first emulators in
Amiga/PC, jejeje.

[...]

The authors were Vincenzo Gervasi (i'm sure Vincenzo web is this) and
Antonio Schifano (he has been working in z88dk a few years ago, you can find
his name in this commit log).

Microhobby, the most famous spanish zx spectrum magazine, talked about the
emulator in its summer 1990 issue, if you can understand spanish the page is
here. I could translate to english, but they don't say too much.

[articolo: http://microhobby.speccy.cz/mhf/201/MH201_05.jpg ]

And the other clue is in an old version of the ZX Spectrum FAQ, where appear
this:
-=8. ZX Spectrum Emulator v0.10 (A.Schifano &V.Gervasi)=-

   a)    Emulates 48K Spectrum, presumably, and Kempston joystick.
   b)    Loads snapshots (type unknown) and from tape (AmigaDOS files).
   c)    Presumably saves snapshots and to AmigaDOS files.
   d)    Real tape support via a tape interface.
   e)    Requires any Amiga.
   f)    Speed? Has three video modes; monochrome, where you choose the
overall PAPER and INK colour for the screen; colour 1 with limited updates
of
the screen and colour 2 with full updates (slower).
   g)    Appears to be a commercial product. The demo does not include tape
support or snapshot support, and resets after a certain amount of time.
   h)    Good points?
   i)    Spectrum ROM doesn't come with the emulator; apparently Amstrad
denied permission (perhaps because this is a commercial product). A hacked
version of the demo does include it, illegally.
   j)    Information here comes from a brief Readme file in a hacked demo
version of the emulator. More information welcome.
   k)    Available from DigiMail in Italy:
 Digimail Srl
 Via Coronelli 10
 20146 Milano
 ITALY
 Phone: ++39-2-427621
 Fax: ++39-2-427768

[...sullo ZXAM e su P. McGavin] You can download here and read the manuals
to give a better idea of it (have nice features as poke lists; or AY
emulation in ZX 48KBs, because the author discover that a few 128KBs games
worked perfectly in 48KBs and you have the only bonus of the AY music; or as
the amiga were usually attached to TVs, everything goes supersmooth as in
speccy... of course so primitive emulators are not the most accuracy, but i
loved a lot play to Manic Miner or HoH in them, jejeje) or this article from
an old spanish amiga magazine (sorry for the spanish, but you can look the
tape-joystick interface to load your tapes in the Amiga, jejeje and if you
need i could translate you, but is nothing special).

If you are going to add interviews in your project, Peter McGavin should be
one, his emu was the first decent zx emu ever (uppss, i sound as a fanboy,
sorry xDDD), but it worked fast even in an Amiga 500 (7 MHz cpu!!!) and if
the italian emu was the first, this would be the second or third. Download
it and read the manuals (because the manuals of all those first emus have a
lot of personal story and motivations from the authors)... and if you need
that i prepare an amiga emulator with the zx emulators to take a look, i'll
be glad of it

Related to this, i ripped a lot of AY music for Delitracker, an old Amiga
music player that included a minimal zx spectrum emulator, enough to let you
play AY music... The person that made this miracle possible, it was Patrik
Rak, the zxds author

[collegamenti:

http://aminet.net/package/misc/emu/ZXAM20b

http://encanta.avalonsoftware.org/ainfo/04/zxam.php

http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/~tmcgavin/peter/

http://aminet.net/package/misc/emu/spectrum-1.7 ]

***

ciao a tutti
Alessandro
 --
 Caselle da 1GB, trasmetti allegati fino a 3GB e in piu' IMAP, POP3 e SMTP
autenticato? GRATIS solo con Email.it: http://www.email.it/f

 Sponsor:
 Cerchi un QUADRO per arredare casa? Su MisterCupido.com puoi acquistare
Quadri Moderni, Astratti, Floreali, Panoramici, in Pannelli, ecc. Consegne
in tutta Italia in soli 2-3 giorni
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=12389&d=20120601

 --
 Caselle da 1GB, trasmetti allegati fino a 3GB e in piu' IMAP, POP3 e SMTP
autenticato? GRATIS solo con Email.it http://www.email.it/f

 Sponsor:
 Offerta famiglie per tutta l'estate all'Hotel Tre Rose Riccione. Piano
famiglia 4=3 e riduzioni bambini 0-15 anni. Animazione, miniclub. 7 giorni
pensione completa + piscina + altro ancora Euro 434 a persona
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=12418&d=1-6