[C] [Wittrs] Re: Re: Re: Metaphysical Versus Mystical

  • From: Sean Wilson <whoooo26505@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wittrsamr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 14:45:04 -0800 (PST)

... regarding speculative empiricism, I found it, I think.

4.464. "The truth of tautology is certain, of propositions possible, of
contradiction impossible. (Certain, possible, impossible: here we have an
indication of that gradation which we need in the theory of probability).

Segment of 4.463 [after discussing tautology and contradiction, which I think
in this sense is stipulation and negation, he writes: The truth-condition
determines the range, which is left to the facts by the proposition. (The
proposition, the picture, the model, are in a negative sense like a solid body,
which restricts the free movement of another: in a positive sense, like the
space limited by solid substance, in which a body might be placed)

So, possible statements are still propositions. It's only the form of the
proposition that matters.

Regards.

Dr. Sean Wilson, Esq.
Assistant Professor