[wisb] Re: Warbler Quiz (long, no sightings)

  • From: "Bettie R. Harriman" <bettie@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dolichovespula@xxxxxxxxx,wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 13:18:21 -0500

I think Ted's questions are well stated.  Jim Frank tried to answer
some of them in an article he wrote for the Passenger Pigeon a few
years back.  The article, called Rare Bird Documentation, appeared in
Vol. 69, No. 3, Fall 2007, pages 349-357.  He uses his own experience
of writing up the extrememly rare (for Wisconsin) Yellow-browed
Warbler that he saw in the fall of 2006.

He gives the step by step process he went through.  Give it read.

Bettie Harriman
Pigeon Editor