[wisb] Re: "Birding" vs. "bird watching"

  • From: "R & C Dermody" <cdermody@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mikeduchek@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 14:45:37 -0600

I just find when speaking to non-birders when I say I'm a birder they don't
understand.  So for fellow-birders I consider myself a birder but when I want to
explain I call myself a bird watcher to the rest of society.  They think it is
pretty boring anyway.  So until you get it you just don't get it!

Cathy Dermody ST. Francis, Southeastern Milwaukee County