[windows2000] Re: Tell us: What New features do you want in Terminal Services?

  • From: "Ray Costanzo" <rcostanzo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 07:00:51 -0500

I wish I had been keeping a running log of things that get my goat.  One
thing is the start menu, and I believe this is a common complaint.  It's
absolutely awful and incredibly buggy.  I rearrange things and things
sometimes copy, sometimes move, and sometimes disappear and leave me wishing
I could F5 to get things back.  And the way that it works is not an
improvement, imo.

Uh, messenger service?  Give it back!  I used it all the time for
informational alerts on my network.

Remote desktop performance is absolutely awful.  I've completely given up on
remote desktopping to my Vista machine at home.  The XP machine sitting
right next to it is pleasurable to use over the Internet.

The sidebar thing is an absolute joke.

UAC is totally pointless.

File association control - lousy.  And the ability to add additional options
to file extensions through a GUI?  GONE.  Pricks.

But, there are also many things that I like.  I like the "breadcrumb" style
address bar in Windows Explorer, now that I've gotten used to it.  That's
about all I can think of right now, since my overall opinion is not good.
There is just WAY too much nonsense.

Ray at work