[windows2000] SUS

  • From: "Neil Bullock" <n.bullock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 10:58:54 -0000

Hi.

I've had SUS installing the new Microsoft updates on people's laptops here,
but have come across some laptops that weren't turned on at the time of the
scheduled install.  I have set the "reschedule X minutes after startup"
policy to 5 minutes, but the laptops don't appear to be taking any notice.
Do users need administrative rights to use the reschedule feature or
something?

The event log has a single "Automatic Updates" entry which states that the
updates are ready to install, but won't be installed until next wednesday at
mid-day (the next scheduled time).

--
Neil Bullock, ICT Technician
Brayton College, Doncaster Road, Selby, North Yorkshire, YO8 9BU