[windows2000] Re: LDAP Printer Mapping in Cold Fusion

  • From: "Neil Bullock" <n.bullock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 13:46:57 -0000

Jennifer Hooper wrote:

> *sigh*  I figured as much. Management still wants us to try, so I'll
> do a failed PoC and go with the backup plan.

Can ColdFusion run programs on the server it is running on (I generally use
PHP which can, and I believe you can get ASP to do so)?

You could maybe run this command from ColdFusion:

RUNDLL32 PRINTUI.DLL,PrintUIEntry /ga /c\\machine /n\\machine\printer

If I were going to implement a similar system, I would run this command from
PHP on the webserver.  The only problem might be one of permissions to run
such a command.  You might need to start the webserver as a different user,
which is probably a bad thing if it's IIS.

Neil.