[webproducers] Re: Web producer career trajectory

  • From: "Tony Zeoli" <tonyzeoli@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: webproducers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 13:01:28 -0400

IxDA.org is a good discussion group for IA. There's an IA meetup in New York
City (tonight actually) through Meetup.com. Also, there are a few IA
resources online, like the IAInstitute.org. Check Konigi.com for content and
guidance on best practices. They actually sell IA sketch pads designed
specifically for IA designers.
Here is a partial list of stuff I've come across. Don't have time to put a
full list together, but you'll get the idea. This should be enough to get
you started.

Of course, O'Reilly publishes lots of IA books. There's Information
Architecture for the World Wide Web and Jesse James Garret's Elements of
User Experience that is a good resource too.

*Software:*

Omnigraffle
Visio
Concept Draw
Axure

*SaaS*
http://www.gliffy.com
http://writemaps.com/
http://www.jumpchart.com
http://www.protoshare.com

*Blogs:*
http://www.gravity7.com
http://www.urlgreyhot.com
http://uxmatters.com/index.php
http://designative.info/

*Conferences:*
http://www.designbyfire.nl/2008/

*Resources*
http://adaptivepath.com/events/training/complete/files.php
http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?GuiPrototypingTools

- - - -

Best regards,

*Tony Zeoli, Founder*
Netmix.com

o: 914-864-0788
m: 917 705 4700

email <%22tonyzeoli@xxxxxxxxxx%22> | web <http://www.netmix.com> |
blog<http://www.netmix.com>|
LinkedIn <http://tinyurl.com/3vpoef> | Facebook <http://tinyurl.com/2g3loy>|
Twitter <%20http://tinyurl.com/3q6z8j>
aim / msn: djtonyz | yahoo: anthonyzeoli | skype: tonyzeoli