[webproducers] Re: Web producer career trajectory

  • From: "Tony Zeoli" <tonyzeoli@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: webproducers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 11:09:00 -0400

The next logical step would be Executive Producer, but I think that role has
been merged into Director level positions.
I would say that if you might want to look at Information Architecture or
User Experience Design as a logical career path. We're starting to get to
the point that sites are so complex, information designers are critical to
the process. That's the direction I've gone in. I think anyone who has any
history in web development are moving to that track, as its seen as more of
a long term profession than producing content, which is increasingly being
delegated to lower level employees. The thought leaders are working on the
architecture while the producers are simply just producing content that's
being handed to them. Or, they are being put into roles in Product
Development, which means that you might define the requirements to an
Information Architect, who will create wireframes out of your concepts.
Plus, in a world of social media, the producer's job is minimized by UGC
content.

- - - -

Best regards,

*Tony Zeoli, Founder*
Netmix.com

o: 914-864-0788
m: 917 705 4700

email <%22tonyzeoli@xxxxxxxxxx%22> | web <http://www.netmix.com> |
blog<http://www.netmix.com>|
LinkedIn <http://tinyurl.com/3vpoef> | Facebook <http://tinyurl.com/2g3loy>|
Twitter <%20http://tinyurl.com/3q6z8j>
aim / msn: djtonyz | yahoo: anthonyzeoli | skype: tonyzeoli