[wdmaudiodev] Re: GFX/LFX fullduplex support.

  • From: Tim Roberts <timr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 14:28:37 -0700

pete c wrote:

> So for your Vista implementation you were able to use a LFX APO for
> the render side that feeds render data to the AEC which lives in the
> WDM filter driver on capture side.

Yes.

> Did you have a problems with render/capture synchronization as we've
> been discusing with the GFX/LFX approach?

Yes.  Note, however, that I only did the driver work.  The algorithm
work was all done by the client.  I was working with a group of audio
processing gurus who have more letters after their names than I have.
They knew the algorithms, but they didn't know drivers.  That's why they
hired me.  I have very little visibility into the processing library
itself.  I just feed them packets.

> Did you make any attempts to pursue a GFX/LFX framework for AEC as
> we've been discussing?

No.  We had to have a WDM filter for XP anyway, and since the WDM filter
was going to work in Vista (because it's not a WaveRT driver), it didn't
make sense to pursue a capture APO.