[wdmaudiodev] Re: GFX/LFX fullduplex support.

  • From: Tim Roberts <timr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 13:38:07 -0700

pete c wrote:

> if i ditch the lfx/gfx approach and rely on the DMO approach, can you
> inplement your own AEC at that level and can it be applied as a global
> system wide effect or does the audio application that would utilize
> AEC now have to specifically call into this DMO layer to take
> advantage of this custom AEC functionality.

Each audio application has to add the DMO to their audio graph.  It is
Microsoft's current philosophy that each application should be in
complete control of its audio path, so an app should not pay the penalty
for AEC processing unless it specifically wants it.

I'm not saying I agree with that philosophy, and indeed I am working
with one client to do exactly what you describe, but that's what the
Microsoft audio team currently espouses.