[wdmaudiodev] Re: GFX/LFX fullduplex support.

  • From: pete c <prchan_0779@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 13:08:04 -0700 (PDT)

Tim,

in regards to the following:
>> Yes, they drift, but you can detect that.  You will be getting blocks at
>> regular (short)
>> intervals, so you can detect changes in timing over time.  It's not easy,
>> but I told you
>> that already.

How severe can this drift become? And if the GFX/LFX are running asynchronously
the GFX(render) may fall behind the LFX(capture), in which case AEC would begin
to fail. I guess the GFX could buffer 10ms frames for the LFX to use, however
if the LFX process overtakes the GFX proccess(if this is even possible) then
the GFX will always be behind the LFX stream.